Congratulations on your forthcoming ceremony. Download our helpful guide here or read the steps below.
If you are looking for more information on what to expect from married life then visit www.marriageprep.co.uk. The day long course costs £25 and covers a variety of topics to help prepare you for life together after your special day. The course is highly recommended by Marry in Norfolk.
- Contact your chosen venue to check dates and times. At this stage it is a good idea to be flexible and have at least two options for when you would like your ceremony.
- Book the ceremony. Before you can confirm the booking with the venue you must book the ceremony by completing the online booking form. Please allow five days for the ceremony team to get back in touch with you to agree a date and time for the ceremony. Your booking will be made and you will need to pay a £100 reservation fee. Ceremony fees can be found here. Any further changes to the booking beyond this point will incur a £30 administration fee.
- Complete the appropriate forms. If you are having an Any Place Duo you will need to complete our wet weather form before the ceremony - click here to download the form.
If your ceremony is taking place at one of our approved venues in a Licensed Outdoor Structure (LOS) then you need to complete the LOS form - click here to download the form.
- Give notice. When the venue and ceremony have been booked, you must give notice of marriage to the Registration Office in the district where you live. This is where you state formally that you intend to get married or enter a civil partnership. You must provide documentation to prove your name, address, age and freedom to marry. This can be done no earlier than 12 months and ideally no later than five months before the marriage / civil partnership. If you live in Norfolk click here to book your appointment online.
- Plan your ceremony. Click here to complete the ceremony choices form which gives the choice of compulsory vows available to you and suggestions for readings you might like to include. Once you have submitted the form it will be emailed to you and to the ceremony team who will then use the form as your ceremony script.
- Pay the fees. At least 12 weeks before your ceremony, you will need to pay the remaining balance of your fee. We encourage couples to pay their final ceremony fees at the notice appointment. From 1 September 2017, all couples will be required to pay their final fees at the notice appointment, if fees were not paid in full at the time of booking.
- On the day.
- The Registrar will interview both of you (separately if you wish) to check that the details for the registration are correct and to confirm arrangements for the ceremony such as who has the rings, if anyone will be given away etc.
- After the ceremony the Registrar will make sure that you both carefully check through the marriage register / civil partnership schedule and then ask you and your two witnesses to sign. If you are having a duo ceremony then you will sign the register in the licensed room inside the venue.
- The Registrar will then set up a ‘mock signing’ to enable photographs to be taken. Your nominated photographer will be given time to take photos first and then your guests will be invited to take their own photos.
- After the photographs you will join the Registrar who will present you with your marriage certificate.
- You and your partner will then exit the ceremony room.